WHAT is it:
2023 RIP CURL CANAM Surfing Championship is a 3-day competition featuring women and men in Pro, Open (Amateur), U18 & U16 Junior, Longboard, and SUPsurf, all competing for the highly coveted Rip Curl CANAM Titles, co-sanctioned by Surf Canada and USA surfing.
WHY do it:
- Most importantly, because being involved and competing is so much FUN!
- Gives you a personal goal and incentive to acquire and improve your surf skills.
- And, for those that are at the top of their game, the Final results from eligible competitors will determine ’23 Canadian National Team selections for the ’23 PASA Surfing Games (Pathway to ’23 Santiago Pan American Games, and ’23 ISA World Surfing Games), ’23 ISA World Juniors, ’23 ISA World Longboard, and surf division of ’23 ISA World SUP Championships. Team Selection Protocols
All National Team spots are Earned by Results, Not Given.
Friday April 14 to Sunday April 16, 7:30am – 5pm* Rip Curl CANAM and Canadian Titles (3 total days of competition), Heat Draw and Schedule will be published on www.LiveHeats.com on/before April 7.
* Schedule is tentative and SurfCanada reserves the right to change the schedule without prior notice. It is EVERY competitor’s ongoing responsibility to be aware of ANY changes and adjust accordingly. Please check your LiveHeats account as well as the 0n-Site Beach Marshall for any changes.
This 16th edition of “The Rip Curl’ once again returns to the epicenter of Canadian surf competition, Cox Bay, Tofino, B.C., with the competition site in front of the Maltby Road beach access.
Planning your Visit Here
Travel Tips & Regulations Here
Female and Male surfers from any country are eligible to compete in each of following;
Pro Shortboard, Open Amateur shortboard, Junior U18 shortboard, Junior U16 shortboard, Longboard (9’+), SUPsurf
LARGEST PRIZE PURSE IN HISTORY OF THE RIP CURL
$19,000 CAD Total PRIZE MONEY
PRO Shortboard $15,000
Female and Male PRO finalists equally receive from the Total Prize Purse as follow:
Champion $4,000, 2nd $2000, 3rd $1000, 4th $500
$5000 provided by the Burns Family of Qualicum Beach and Calgary, in support of Surf Canada, with $4000 assigned as a Bonus Prize Purse, financially supporting the highest placing* Vancouver Island based Canadian surfers at the Rip Curl CANAM Surfing Championships as follows:
$1000 to Pro Women
$1000 to U18 Girls
$1000 to Pro Men
$1000 to U18 Boys
Custom AFTANAS surfboard for “Most Inspired Performance by a Local U16 surfer”
* In the event there is a tie in the ranking when determining the highest placed eligible surfer, the surfer with the highest heat-score total from their final heat in the respective event will obtain the Burns Family Bonus.
All finalists in each division of SurfCanada events will receive medals, according to final placing, as follows:
1st – gold, 2nd – silver, 3rd – bronze, 4th – copper
Competition rules can be viewed by clicking here
For the first time, all divisions will be judged by World Surf League (WSL) and ISA officials, priority judge, live scoring and four person heats.
Opens March 1 and Closes March 31.
With 12 divisions and only 3 days to compete, spaces are very limited, register here
By Registering and having your credit card charged (or pending) for this event has you waitlisted for your category, but does not confirm entry. You will be notified when your registration has been confirmed or declined before the close of registration.
Please reference EVENT ESSENTIALS for further details.
No refunds for any reason after March 31, 2023.